- Eat Healthy-Let your dog chow down on food made with organic, all natural, human grade ingredients free of animal by-products, pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, artificial preservatives, artificial ingredients or genetically engineered ingredients. Anything that you would normally not eat yourself. Treats such as Organic Doggy Kitchen, Bubba Rose, Polka Dog and more use all natural, organic, human grade ingredients that is even good enough for you to eat.
- Clean up your dogs poop - Scoop up your dog business with biodegrable earth-friendly alternatives and retire those plastic bags. Plastic bags take 100’s of years to break down when thrown in the landfills and help to preserves that squishy mess. Some eco solutions include the Skooperbox & Spike brand Business Bags which are convenient, earth-friendly & biodegradable.
- Give your deserving dogs sustainable toys to fetch, chew, romp & snuggle with that are free of toxins & lead. Many brands like West Paw, Earth Dog & Planet Dog create toys that are durable , eco-friendly, fun & slobber worthy. West Paw Eco toys are made out of recycled soda bottles, Planet Dog RecycleBONE & RecycleBALL are made from re-grinded recycled material with their famous phrase recycle, reuse & rewoof. While Earth dog Hemp Rope Toy & Stuffed Bone are made of hemp a sustainable fiber.
- Dogs naturally, get dirty, so bath them naturally by sudsing your dog up with non-toxic, all natural, organic, plant based shampoos, conditioners & wipes. Such as Earth Bath Grooming Wipes, Cain & Able Collection, Lani Dig Your Dog & Happytails Spa.
- Choose lemons over Lysol to make your home squeaky green. Choose cleaning products are chlorine free, all natural and non-toxic like Mrs. Meyer’s All Purpose Cleaner, Seventh Generation, Method, Ecover, EcoQuest and BioKleen just to name a few. For those of you who are ambitious and counting pennies you can go right in your pantry and find some of these eco-solutions from lemons to vinegar and baking soda are effective & will put Mr. Clean to shame. But for those of you who are really frugal you can always rely on Fido’s licks as the stand-by to mop the floor & do the dishes. Ta-Dah no crumbs in sight!
- Lower your Carbon Paw Print by walking to the park, car pooling to that doggie play date, or jogging with Sparky up to the dog Bark-ery at the corner. Perhaps, if you are going to up-grade on a newer car choose a hybrid fuel efficient car or better yet peddle power is good exercise.
- Be a pet Chef - If you want to know exactly what is going into your furball’s food dish, or your pet suffers from allergies, you can always make your own puppy chow with fresh organic produce, free range chicken or grass feed beef. Hey, If you‘re recipes are good you'll find yourself with your own food network show alongside Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals.
- Recycle your pet food cans and take them done to your local recycling center.
- Use Natural Flea & Tick sprays like Happytails Flea the Scene or Spot Organics Bug off instead of the traditional alternatives. These products fight nature with nature and do not contain chemicals or toxins.
- Give your dog a safe place to flop. When choosing that new bed there are many eco-friendly & pure options out there such as West Paws Eco Nap & Organic Bumper Bed or Bella Creature Comforts comfy Bella bed. These beds are made up of recycled plastic bottles and eco-friendly fabrics or organic cotton.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Posted by Paw Luxury at 4/22/2008 04:51:00 PM