With love in the air this month what better way to say "I love you" to your furry valentine then with some homemade treats for your sweets. Unfortunately, flowers & chocolates are off limits to dogs. Instead indulge your pups sweet tooth with an edible Valentine's Day card good enough for you to eat. This homemade Valentine's dog treat recipe is a delicious way to pledge your love. So get baking away love birds!
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup carob chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat eggs with peanut butter, then add milk and combine well.
3. In separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder.
4. Combine the dry mixture with the peanut butter mixture. Mix well.
5. Stir in carob chips ( safe, non-toxic alternative to chocolate)
6. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto lightly greased cookie sheet, leaving about 1" in between cookies.
7. Bake with love for 20 to 25 minutes, or until biscuits look just barely "dry" in the middle and are baked through. Do not overbake! The biscuits will naturally harden as they cool.
8. Before you & your dog take a nibble let treats cool down before removing from cookie sheet.
9. Once cooled. Ready, Set, devour!
Valentine's Day licks from the www.pawlux.com pack!
Shop www.pawlux.com for eco-friendly, all natural & organic goodies for your furry family member & travel buddy. We carry a great selection of Odor Free Bully Sticks / Dog Treats / and Dog Toys / Dog Grooming Spa products & more!