Are you getting ready to throw a howling Howl-O-Ween costume bash for your pups four legged furry guest & their humans? Not only are parties a good way to socialize pets & get to know the neighbors. You can even host a party to help raise money in support of a bark-worthy cause that benefits animal shelters, rescues and pets in need.
Well, whatever the occasion here are some tips that will make your Halloween pet party spook-tacular and memorable!
1. Invitations! Use invites that coordinate with your decorations, costume party theme and general feeling of your party. You can never go wrong with orange and black or edible invitations. Ideas include images of doggie bones, paws or pumpkins which can be stamped or stickered on the invitations. When addressing the invite to your pets furry friends make sure to include date and time, location and how to RSVP. To get pups excited reward your guest with prizes for the best pet/human duo, weirdest, spookiest, cutest or original costume.
2. Dog-friendly Decorations. Your Halloween decorations should be spooky, scary and pet friendly. Instead of an open flame in the jack-o’-lantern, opt for battery-powered, kid- and pet-friendly pumpkins. Open-flame candles and pumpkins with lit candles are especially dangerous because a pet’s fur can catch fire. Also, don't forget to set the mood with spooky music.
3. Location, Location! Pick a venue for your dog Halloween party, a fenced in backyard is a great option. Outdoor festivities keeps clean-up easy, family heirlooms safe, and allow dogs more room to roam, mingle and play. If deciding to have your party in doors, keep guest list to a minimum since clean up may not be a breeze and your party may quickly get out of hand. Whether out door or indoors designate a potty area, making sure to have ample amounts of poop bags & clean-up supplies on hand.
4. Serve refreshments. Make sure to have a variety of Halloween themed treats & full water bowls available. You can even speak with your local dog bakery who specialize in baking pup cakes and treats just for dogs made from human grade dog-friendly ingredients. Since, you will be inviting humans as well, make sure you have food for the people.
5. Playtime & Games. Include activities that both people and their dogs will enjoy. You can have a puppy parade, a costume contest, a trick or treat scavenger hunt to find the bone, or a simple game of fetch will do. One idea is a pumpkin catching contest with orange and black tennis balls. Have each pet owner toss the tennis balls to their dog and the duo that catches the most wins a prize of dog chews, homemade dog treats, dog toys or goody bag. You can even have a timed retrieving race. As long as playtime is on the list of festivities dogs and people will have a blast.
6. Take lots of mutt shots! Designate someone that isn't dog-handling to be the photographer or videographer, and take lots of photos. Fun photos sent home with each pet along with their doggie bags filled with treats & eats will be a nice & memorable party favor.
ENTER our Boo-tastic Howl-O-Ween Pet Photo Costume Contest & Win Trick or Treats!
Shop www.pawlux.com for eco-friendly, all natural & organic goodies for your new furry family member. We carry a great selection of Odor Free Bully Sticks / Dog Treats / and Dog Toys !